Caroline Shipsey
Photography

Tuesday 1 March 2011

A New Month - Where are the spring flowers?


Today is St David's Day - the patron saint of Wales and the beautiful, bright, cheerful Daffodil is the spring flowering bulb associated with it - no sign of any up here on the Mendips though:(

The first spring flowering bulb to appear is always the Snowdrop and these delicate little flowers are still hanging on in my garden and in banks and hedgerows all around. Forsythia is almost into flower and other buds are breaking on shrubs in the garden but the weather is stuck.

Day after day has been cold and grey, foggy and damp or worse pouring with rain. I'm sick of it and sick with it - I'm sure that my problem (one of them!) is Season Affective Disorder - a type of depression which is worsened in the type of weather I've just described and can be relieved by using a special kind of light box. So today, even though it's supposed to be spring I've given in, and am now eagerly awaiting delivery of my Litebook Elite. I'll let you know how things go, I've got 60 days to decide whether or not it works for me - if it doesn't it can be returned for a full refund.