Caroline Shipsey
Photography

Monday 10 May 2010

Looking Backwards and Looking Forwards

Just a few days to go before I'm off to North Wales for the another workshop led by Steve Lewis. I'm really looking forward to it and the weather forecast is reasonable. At the moment I'm not sure where we are going, other than spending the morning session in Betws-y-Coed getting to know something about the other participants, and discussing what we hope to get out of the workshops.

It occurred to me that I hadn't got round to making a special gallery on my website devoted to last year's workshops, so I've spent the last couple of days reviewing my pics and come up with a small selection here.

Looking back I can see that despite being very enjoyable socially, and receiving the benefit of Steve Lewis's extensive knowledge about photography and Snowdonia, it was quite a challenge to achieve my aim of just one 'good' shot per workshop.

Looking forward, I'm well aware of the distractions of being part of a group and will try not to lose concentration thinking about my empty tummy, cold hands, wet feet, heavy tripod, how far it is back to the car, when will the sun shine, is it going to rain, which lens shall I use, filters or no filter..............


Evening light breaking through the rain clouds - Machno Valley