Caroline Shipsey
Photography

Saturday 1 November 2008

Winter ?

The weather today has been horrible, it started off with a bitterly cold wind and fog, then rain and very stormy winds. I've actually worn some thermals that haven't seen the light of day for a couple of years, and there have been several mornings this week with frost which I love so much. As the sun breaks through everything seems to covered in tiny jewels, its a challenge to make a photograph before the sun starts to melt them away. I'm hoping that we really will have crisp and bright winter season and not endless days of rain and grey skies, followed by the inevitable mud. Today however was dark and gloomy so I took the opportunity to begin using my close-up lens, this also meant getting to grips with a tripod - all good fun and practice of something I haven't spent much time on for several years.