Caroline Shipsey
Photography

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Anglesey 26th-29th June

Steve Lewis Workshop Day 2 27th June

Weather - Sunny, at times very hot and humid, not considered great for photography but it turned out very well.

Journey - I like to do the "pretty" route, checking out potential locations for future trips away and generally enjoying the scenery. Being in the campervan means I can take my time, I'm not worrying about being late arriving at a B&B or hotel and being higher up than when driving a car I can see over hedges too :-)

Locations - campsite Brynsiencyn, photography at Newborough, Llanddwyn Island and Beddgelert, my last night at the lovely Rynys Farm campsite.

Summary - Apart from the heat and humidity which I don't enjoy, this was a perfect trip, plenty of varied photo opportunities, good company and once again Steve Lewis was excellent as a tutor and companion. Relaxed, informative,enjoyable and productive photographically.

Conclusion - Some brutal culling of photos is required, need to implement advice given, don't be distracted by unnecessary detail when making the picture.


***** Just after taking this shot I got stuck in the thick black mud which was concealed beneath some sand. I was soon in up to my knees and stuck fast, somehow I managed to protect my camera but got completely (well almost) covered in the mud including my hands whilst trying to extricate myself. To cut a long muddy story short, I walked-?? a couple of hundred yards along the deserted beach before I saw anyone who might be able to help. Some kind people came to my rescue, took my camera, back pack and a bemused Bessie to safety and then hosed me down as I stood in the road.