Caroline Shipsey
Photography

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Motivation and Inspiration


Its almost a month since I last wrote something here and the longer I leave it the harder it is to get back into the swing. It's not that I've been slacking, the weather has been giving us some beautiful light and of course spring brings its own joys of new life. I've taken hundreds of photographs which all need sorting and uploading, and I've begun re-organizing my individual photo libraries into a complete one, I'm also in the early stages of a new website for my 'alternative' work.

I've made some new friends through the wonders of the internet. First the is Lovely Linda Emmans (Abledogs Group) with Megan, Benji and Devil Child Lucy, we met up so Megan could try out Fly's Buggy, it looked to be a success so I hope it will give her some happy times.

Then there is Steve Nash of selfhelpcollective.com and numerous other extremely interesting and useful websites - a former VSO volunteer this is one very special man. Check out his evolving dreadlocks and their subsequent demise here and there is more. I first came across Steve in the early days of howipromotemywebsite.com and then forgot (How could I !!!!) his name. This is a real person actually making a living from the internet, something I have always wanted to do but never had the committment or ability to do so I really admire him. However, not only is he a clever guy, he is funny, facsinating and a cross between motivational and inspirational.

Thank you also to Dan Jasker who helped me understand how to create the navigation for my new website using FreewayPro 5. It will be a while before the new site goes public though :-)

On the photography side of life, Sunday 27th was spent at 'Duncan's Beach', great fun with Christina, Mari and Duncan, some amazing rocks and a bit of an adventure. The object of the day was to try and achieve some successful abstract images, a real challenge for us 'landscape lovers'.